My name is Hugo Agbonon, 35 years old, and I’m currently studying for a Master degree « Interactive Digital Experiences Designer » taught as a joint-venture by two schools: Gobelins and Cnam-Enjmin.
I previously graduated in 2010 with an engineering degree from IMT Nord Europe, which enabled me to work for 12 years as an expert web developer for companies such as SFR (French cellphone provider), TF1 (first French television channel), Le Monde (France’s most well-known newspaper) or France’s employment agency
I’m currently in the midst of a big career change, aiming to find a job in the video game industry as a game designer or narrative designer.
I’m relying on my extensive technical background to understand the constraints involved in creating a game, and my personal goal is to understand all the steps involved so that, in addition to my professional projects, I can make games as a personal project. That’s why, since I decided to go into these professions, I’ve been working on learning the Unity and Unreal engines, creating experiments such as “Zeta Wars”.
My personal universe is a rich one, and over the years I have:
- Developed several game prototypes, on my own and with teams
- Written several short stories
- Learned how to use Unity, started to learn Unreal Engine.
- Developed a few small “games” when I was a web developer
- Hosted and animated a weblog about mangas, animes et video games
- Co-hosted and edited a podcast about Japanese series openings and endings
- Built a karaoke management application
- Learned to play guitar and posted a few covers on the internet
- Participated in theatrical improvisation classes and shows
- Spoke as a guest speaker at conferences and technical meetups
- Hosted streams on Twitch for several years
I’m currently looking for an internship to complete my Master degree, and I hope that, if you’re reading these lines, you’ll consider my profile.
In any case, thank you very much for visiting this portfolio.
You can also find a more comprehensive version of this CV, with a complete list of my professional experience and achievements, by following this link to my full CV